Thursday, December 7, 2017

Great Online Cookie Exchange

Hey, you all, it's time for the Great Online Cookie Exchange.  I have never participated before, but with a name like Baker I thought I'd better live up to the name.  So I have posted below a yummy recipe for lemon bars.  If you have any questions please feel free to either email me or leave it in the comments.  

INGREDIENTS:

Crust
2 sticks of butter
2 cups flour
1/4 to 1/3 cup lemon juice
1/2 to 2/3 cup powdered sugar

Filling
4 eggs
1/2 cup lemon juice
2 cups sugar
4 tbsp flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla

INSTRUCTIONS:

Melt butter. Add powdered sugar, lemon juice and flour. Mix well. Press into bottom of 9 x 13 pan. Bake for 18-20 minutes at 350 degrees.

Beat eggs slightly, add lemon juice and vanilla. Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix with egg mixture and pour on top of hot crust. Bake 25 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar. 


Lindy at Downunder Dreaming, http://donwunderdreaming.blogspot.com/did a gluten free variety trial run for me as well and simply substituted gluten free flour in place of the regular flour I used and a dairy free spread instead of butter.  She attested it was super yummy.  Here is her pic she sent me (without the powdered sugar).



Others participating blogs:


Baker (You are here!)
selkie (recipe here)

Thank you Jz for hosting this fun event!  Thanks Cat for helping me figure out the whole computer techy stuff.

I'm suggesting to Hoss we do this, pretty sure he will veto the ice skating and the snow angels, lol!  He'd probably also recommend I make the cookie dough, but the snuggling, well, I'm certain he would not turn me down for that!


Thanks for stopping by and I'm sure with the time zones the posts will most likely show up at different times, just in case you are wondering.  Hope you find a few to try out for the holidays!  Happy baking!

--Baker

15 comments:

  1. Baker I really love this recipe and can't wait to share it with my family at our Christmas gathering. Well done for your first cookie exchange.
    Hugs Lindy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Baker, these look super yum, thank you for sharing, and to Lindy for the GF version. I guess you did have to participate lol.

    Love the pic lol. Now that sounds like fun :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these sound so good - sadly I'm a horrible cookie baker. Can't do it. Just can't. I'll just sit and look at all the lovely pics everyone is posting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baker, I did think of your name as I clicked to visit you today. Those lemon bars looks mouth watering. Sam is a lemon fanatic, so I know he will enjoy these. Thanks so much!

    Hugs From Ella

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds yummy Baker. Thanks and thanks to Lindy for her Gluten free version, very useful to know it works.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that sounds lovely! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to this fun annual event! So happy to see you and your yummy lemony bars! Have a wonderful holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome Baker....those look delish and I do love anything with lemon in it...

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, thank you for the gluten free version. I will definitely be making these this year. Poor Ty can't eat four. Glad you participated this year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks yummy and easy...think I'll have to add it to my list. Thanks for sharing, Baker! And thanks to Lindy for checking out the gluten-free version so I can share with my DIL.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good heavens, I'd have sworn I left a comment when I visited this morning. On the other hand, I was trying to be organized before coffee... all bets are off.
    I have a lemon lover coming for the holidays, so this is a very timely recipe!
    Thank you for joining us... and for making me a holiday hero. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. My youngest and I love lemon, I will definitely save this recipe. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. MMm. The citrus brigade has arrived! I love lemon. I have family that need the gluten free too. Thanks for that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Baker, :) Your comment on your name, and the event made me LOL! Happy first year sharing!:)

    Your lemon bars sound good. Rob enjoys baked goods with lemon in them, so I will have to give this a go! Lindy's looks good! Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete